Mrs Peel’s presents
MRS PEEL vs BARBARELLA
Saturday 30th April
The Eight Club, 1 Dysart Street, London EC2A 2BX (Old Street, Shoreditch High Street, Liverpool Street and Moorgate stations)
Tickets: £15 earlybird, £20 full price from www.mrspeels.club
Mrs Peel’s, the Swinging Sixties party inspired by Emma Peel, catsuited heroine of stylish 1960s TV show The Avengers, invites you to a special party with a cosmic twist—pitching the aristocratic whimsy and British cool of Mrs Peel, and her bowler-hatted partner John Steed, against the playful space-fantasy eroticism of Barbarella. Who will gain the upper hand? You decide!
Based on a comic strip, 1968 movie Barbarella starred Jane Fonda as an innocently sexual, space-travelling agent with an endless supply of glamorously impractical costumes, in a plot involving dangerous clockwork dolls, a blind angel, whip-wielding leather robots, a machine that kills through orgasm and a city built on a pool of liquid evil called the Mathmos. The Mathmos lighting company took their name from the movie and we’ll be giving away one of their famous “lava lamps” on the night.
Our party is in a penthouse club — when you arrive, take the glass elevator to the top floor where open terraces offer views over the city.
• Compere and lounge legend Count Indigo
• Live music from The Court of St James, including psychedelic hits from the Barbarella soundtrack
• Sci-fi burlesque from fembot pleasure machine Cherry Shakewell
• DJ sets from lounge disco god Martin Green
• Prize of a Mathmos heritage lava lamp for the best costume
• Mind-altering light effects and projections from the Barbarella movie
• Awesome views from our rooftop terraces
More at www.mrspeels.club
“Thank God! There really aren’t enough clubs that you can wear a catsuit to!” — Jerry Hall