The hotel is housed in a beautiful early Victorian building on West Cliff in Whitby with amazing views out to sea. Number 5 East Terrace is ‘blue plaqued’ as the place where Lewis Carroll resided during his many visits to Whitby. The hotel is furnished with vintage and antique finds from auctions, flea markets and car boots. With a definite nod to Alice we are hoping to create a similar Wonderland feel as La Rosa Campsite.
More boudoir than boutique, there are eight double rooms each with a distinctive La Rosa style and theme:
Lewis: Imagining Carroll’s study – Seaview.
Sacre Coeur: Romance is sacred- Seaview.
Little Red: Angela Carter not Disney – No seaview, small but perfectly formed.
Saloon: Cowgirl Heaven – No seaview, but a massive bath.
Stoker: The view that inspired Bram – Seaview and balcony.
La Rosa: Fit for a swan princess – Seaview and balcony.
Caravan: Homage to life on the road – No seaview, small but perfectly formed.
Arabesque: Inside the genie’s bottle – No seaview, huge bed.
In addition to these rooms we have The Crows’ Nest, a self contained space in the attic of the building suitable for groups of up to six people. There are three bedrooms, a living room, crockery and a dressing-up box.
- Address Whitby,United Kingdom
- Phone 01947 606981
- Website http://larosa.co.uk/hotel/index.html
- Category Alt Away, Alt Lifestyle
- Location UK
- Tags accomodation, antique, boudoir, boutique, dracula, eclectic, escapism, fun, guesthouse, hotel, lewis carroll, quirky, restaurant, romance, romantic, tapas, tea room, victorian, vintage, whitby
- By Ceeaych
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org