At Hope and Greenwood we get very excited about The Best of British confectionery.
Award-winning confectioners, Miss Hope and Mr Greenwood share their passion for all things sugary and sweet. The enthusiasm for their craft is nothing short of infectious. This is brought to life in a four-part series on BBC Two starting in August 2014 where the fun-loving couple pull on the rubber gloves, pull out the heavy bottomed pans as they bubble, strain, squeeze, shape and craft lovingly made confections.
From their kitchen at Sugar HQ this modern-day Fanny and Johnny have revived British confectionery to fill every nook and cranny of their Hope and Greenwood sweet shops, their splendid confectionery can also be found in top-notch shops across the land including Waitrose, Ocado, John Lewis, Selfridges, Partridges to name but a few and indeed worldwide.
Hope and Greenwood also have 35 stores in Japan in partnership with their great chums at PlazaStyle.
They have won some jolly prizes, including Best Original Store and The Great Taste Awards, they featured in UKTV Local Heroes and BBC TV’s The Apprentice and came a disappointing third in the HQ Egg and Spoon Race.
They are particularly fond of squabbling, Twister, proper tea in a tea pot and eating sweets.
- Address Durham Street,London
- Phone 020 7738 2013
- Website http://www.hopeandgreenwood.co.uk/
- Category Alt Gifts, Alt Home, Alt Lifestyle
- Location London, UK
- Tags accessories, badges, bags, baking, boiled, bonbons, books, candy floss, chocolate, fudge, gifts, hampers, homeware, jellies, liquorice, mallows, nutty, old fashioned, recipes, sweets, traditional sweets, truffles
- By Ceeaych
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org