For years I had a great career in product design consultancy, working with clients worldwide and developing ideas with entrepreneurs, but in 1997 I moved to Devon, retrained as a cabinet maker and finally realised my dream of designing and hand making furniture.
I like to combine traditional and modern techniques working closely with private clients, interior designers and architects to create a shared vision.
In addition to my bespoke work, I have begun to experiment with developing a new body of work combining living edge or reclaimed timber with other material components, but where the shapes may be contemporary and much simpler, the craftsmanship is still timeless. I will be posting ideas on the site as they evolve.
At my workshop I have always run short woodworking courses and have taught undergraduate design and product development at the University of the West of England.
- Address South Molton,Devon
- Phone (0) 1769 550580
- Website http://davidamesstudio.co.uk/
- Category Alt Art, Alt Events, Alt Home, Alt Lifestyle
- Location UK
- Tags ash, beautiful, bedroom, bench, bespoke, chairs, commissions, courses, desk, dining, elm, furniture, handmade, oak, reclaimed, seating, stools, storage, tables, tutelage, walnut, woodwork, woodworking, woodworking courses
- By Ceeaych
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org