Two old friends Amy Cox and Joney McNamara both worked in the restaurant trade & TV industry together. Amy started off as a restaurant manager and then an established Art Director who sourced props and costumes for many TV/film companies and styled many well-known stars. Companies including the BBC, Endemol West and Channel 4 and high profile West-end theatre productions such as Lord of the Rings, Zorro and Calendar girls.
Joney worked as a chef and then within Production for many Bristol-based dramas including Skins, Casualty, Torchwood and Lark Rise to Candleford. Over the years Joney has retained great relations with several local companies. Soon they had an urge to have a more settled lifestyle and work their ‘dream’, so in November 2009 with £100 in their pocket and one rail of clothes, Cox and Baloney was born. And the rest, as they say… is history!
Today’s story… Cox and Baloney is dedicated to all aspects of both vintage and contemporary design with a particular interest in recycling and eco-design. Interesting old pieces of clothes or furniture which may have been thrown away are given a new lease of life and transformed into desired objects or beautiful vintage pieces.
Specialising in vintage inspired dresses, handmade lamp shades as well as re-working old furniture, they give them a contemporary twist by either covering them in eye-catching fabric/paint, or layered with vintage lace and tassels.
- Address Chelenham Road,Bristol
- Phone 01179 443100
- Website http://www.coxandbaloney.com/
- Category Alt Dining, Alt Fashion, Alt Home, Alt Lifestyle
- Location UK
- Tags bags, belts, beret, bow ties, brooch, caps, cat, chalk paint, Clock, coats, dresses, earl grey, fascinators, green tea, hook, lemon and ginger, loose leaf, muff, mug, retro, smock, tea, tearoom, vintage
- By Ceeaych
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org